Sunday, March 24, 2013

Make A Wish Trip Day 1

Well, when I said I was going to try and keep everyone posted as to what we were doing on our trip each day, it didn't occur to me how tired I would be.  However, I will try and share as much as I can remember about our day today.  We are exhausted!  As I am typing, all three boys are asleep, Joseph, Sam and Eli.   We had a great day, though.  I will try to share in pictures....


We left the house around 7:30 and made it in plenty of time.  Meme and Pops were able to come all the way to the gate with us as well.  Once I got some Starbucks in me I was ready to go.  Both boys were SOOO hyper...they may have been just a little excited ;)

They were so excited to see our plane pull up and watch them attach it to the gate thingy (I'm so technical!)

Daddy with his plane buddy, Sam!  Sam did great and really enjoyed the flight.  He played with his Leapster (we were able to get a second one from his friend Bradley so both boys would have one!), played with his transformer and just watched out the window.

Eli was not happy that it was raining, but I assured him that the weather forecast for California was sunshine!!

Checking out the emergency procedures....he sure does ask a lot of questions!
 
Being silly!  He did so good on the plane....he colored, read a magazine, played with cars and toys!

More silliness!
**On a side note, we sat by a very sweet couple.  She asked about Carol (my mother in law) and complemented her by saying how beautiful she is!! (Just thought I'd add that in there for ya, Carol!). They said they were flying back to GA Thursday in the same seats...and so are we! haha At least we know they are good plane buddies for me and Eli!

He did ask right as we took off and topped the clouds if this is where God lives! So sweet! 
 
Well this is the last pic for tonight....Sam in our super nice rental van! 
 
We landed and found our way around LAX and then to our rental van.  Then poor Joseph had to navigate his way out of LA (I say "Poor Joseph" because he worked a 24 hr. shift and then got a quick shower before heading to the airport with us this morning so he was pretty tired!).  Fortunately, he's a pro with traffic due to growing up in Atlanta and now driving an ambulance for work.  I'm sure that on weekdays it probably gets rough, but the traffic was a breeze!  We made it to Anaheim and our hotel without any problems.  Everyone was so helpful getting us checked in and into our room.  We have an awesome view!!!
We had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney and then visited the Lego store (at Sam's request).  I have some great pics of those places as well.  Even though my clock is saying 10pm, my body is saying 1am so I cannot sit here and wait for 10 more pics to load.  I will definitely fill in more tomorrow.  We have breakfast with Mickey in the morning and then it's off to Disneyland! 
See you tomorrow :D
 

No comments: